Premier Legal Representation For New York's Unions
- Senior Trial Counsel
Bernarda is a seasoned trial attorney with 16 years of experience in using the law to fight for others. Her courtroom instincts made her one of the top attorneys in the country, having completed well over 100 trials. With her courtroom acumen and her first-hand understanding of the criminal justice system, Bernarda has become a familiar face, providing legal commentary on cases from around the country, on various media outlets including Court TV, Law & Crime Trial Network, and Univision.
Bernarda began her career with the Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office before returning to Brooklyn where for the last decade, she furthered her experience by trying over 40 violent felony cases including numerous homicides. She also has extensive experience in evaluating legal issues related to criminal investigations, wire taps, and search warrants. Bernarda’s experience has made her a dynamic lawyer who possesses strong insight into the criminal justice system. Given her knowledge of the law, she can effectively analyze issues within cases and construct solid defense strategies in service to her clients.
Bernarda is the proud daughter of Dominican immigrants and is first generation American born and raised in Brooklyn. She is fluent in Spanish.
- Boston College Law School, Boston, Massachusetts
- Juris Doctor - 2004
- State University of New York, University at Albany
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., Delta Rho Omega Chapter
- Dominican Bar Association, Board of Directors
- New York City Bar Association, Judiciary Committee
- Federal Bar Council, Civil Rights Committee
- National Bar Association, Police Brutality & Reform Task Force Committee
- New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York