New York City Criminal Defense Lawyer
In any encounter with New York City law enforcement, a resident or visitor is at a severe disadvantage. Police and prosecutors have extensive resources at their disposal. They are allowed to employ sly interrogation tactics to deceive and confuse (but not coerce) a person into revealing incriminating information, consenting to a search, or even confessing to a crime. The individual, on the other hand, is required by law to obey police commands and make only truthful statements.
If you become involved in a police investigation, whether you are immediately placed under arrest or not, the outcome for you will largely depend on the skill of your criminal defense attorney. You are entitled to many legal rights and protections, but only a qualified and experienced criminal defense attorney can advise you on these rights. The police are required to inform you only of your basic Miranda rights, and then only after you have been officially taken into custody and placed under arrest.
When you hire Joey Jackson Law, PLLC., you can be confident that you will get both the savvy legal advice you need and an aggressive advocate who will make sure that your rights are protected every step of the way.
Attorney Joey Jackson is a well-known and respected criminal defense lawyer in New York City who has over 25 years of experience. Attorney Jackson has successfully defended people accused of crimes ranging from misdemeanors like driving while intoxicated and harassment to felony assault and murder.
Joey Jackson Law, PLLC., will stand up for you in any court and not back down until we have obtained the best possible outcome for you.
Legal Defense For New York City Crimes
Joey Jackson Law, PLLC., is a full-service criminal defense firm, available to help at any point in your case:
- If you learn you are under police investigation or there is a warrant out for your arrest, a highly skilled criminal defense attorney from Joey Jackson Law, PLLC., can take actions that could prevent an arrest before it happens.
- If you have already been arrested, we will do everything in our power to get the charges against you dismissed or reduced.
- We will negotiate the best possible plea bargain if possible, and if not, we will aggressively fight to win your case in court.
We regularly represent clients accused of crimes such as:
- Assault – Including fights causing injury, assault with a weapon and menacing.
- Domestic violence – Including spousal assault, harassment, stalking and violating an order of protection.
- Driving while intoxicated (DWI) – Including first-time offenses, repeat offenses, aggravated DWI and DWI in a commercial vehicle (CDL).
- Drug crimes – Including possession of controlled substances such as marijuana, cocaine, heroin or opioids.
- Murder – Such as homicide, criminally negligent homicide or manslaughter.
- Theft/larceny – Including petty larceny, grand larceny, burglary, robbery by force or writing bad checks.
- Weapons possession – Including firearms and knives.
We look at your case from every angle to find ways to tear down the prosecutor’s case. We have won cases using a variety of strategies such as:
- Conducting our own investigation to prove a witness lied.
- Demonstrating unique circumstances to get charges dismissed in the interest of justice.
- Proving that a police search was illegal.
- Showing that the police failed to properly process evidence.
Whatever Accusations Your Are Facing, We Are Here To Help
From your first encounter with the police until the final resolution of your case, you want sound legal counsel every step of the way. You want someone who is committed to helping you protect your reputation, your career, your family – your whole life.
Please act quickly. The more time we have to investigate and break down the prosecution’s case, the better we can serve you. Contact our Manhattan office at 833-563-9522 to schedule a case evaluation.